Thursday, October 23, 2008

Are you Ready?


I hope Mom knows it's OK to pull out my foam pumpkins and use them to decorate the porch.
I'm so excited for Halloween! I went grocery shopping, and I've noticed that the pumpkins here are a lot bigger than I'm used to in Arizona. The one I selested weighed 32 lbs. and the poor cashier and bagger had such a hard time muscling it around. I should really budget a bit of money for a pumpkin during October. I just can't help myself.
It's sitting on my nightstand in all its round, glowing orange glory, just begging to be carved into a masterpiece.
So get ready -a future post will contain photos of the beast.
Maybe it's a bit childish, but I love this stupid holiday!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

You just made Lacy's day. I opened your page, and...
"SONG!!"

That's what she says everytime she hears "Walk Like a Man". It's the only "SONG!" that matters. She's bobbing and dancing. I'm just waiting for it to end so I can hear the inevitable, "A-GAIN!"

I've been to Holbrook and back with that song on constant repeat. She's gotten to where she sings along which is just hilarious.