Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wrapping Up

I have that nagging feeling, like I'm walking around with one of my shoes untied. I think I'm too busy to stop for a few seconds and do something about it, but I never do until I get to where I'm going.

I have all these things I need to blog, and I just keep doing other things. Tonight I've got an hour or so, so I'm gonna tie the loose lace.

On the way home from Arizona (Yeah, I'm back-tracking that far. And doing it is making me miss Arizona. Again. Not for the last time.)

Oh, insert confession: My car's speedometer cable needs replaced. So, how do I know I'm not breaking the speed limit? I don't, and that's the beauty of it. Vroom! Vroom! No, I really will just find a car that seems like they're respectable drivers, then I stick behind them and keep speed. I was heading north of Panguitch. There are a few ways to connect to the I-15 from there. I always take the HWY-20 over. There are a lot of great volcanic features down that winding 20 mile road. However ...

This time, I was jamming out to some good music, following the car in front of me, and not really paying much attention to where I was going to turn off. Oops.

Luckily, I knew that there was another place where I could intersect another road that would take me to the I-15. I had been that way once on a very snowy ride home from a Geology trip to the Grand Canyon.

Boy am I glad I missed that turn! It really is the scenic route! Have you ever been to The Big Rock Candy Mountain? It really does exist, and it's right there in Utah. The colors are awesome. Another advantage to that route is that the connecting road is a fast highway (HWY 70) with multiple lanes, not a little winding road. It was a fast jaunt over to the I-15 going that way, and it passes by the Historic Cove Fort, which you actually get a glimpse of from the highway.

It was the most serendipitous mistake I've made in a long time. I love it when mistakes turn out to be beautiful. It doesn't happen all that often.


I was proud of my Dart making that long trek yet again. Such a good little hot rod. So there. My travelogue is complete.

Next, I've got to tell you about a show I went to on Friday. It was an Improv Comedy Night put on my "The Society". It's a group of LDS performers who travel around and do improv comedy. Not just your average performers. These are real celebrities. I'll list them and see if you know them. Ready?

Kirby Heyborne
You've seen him in several LDS themed movies. Saints and Soldiers, The RM, The Best Two Years, and my Personal Favorite, Sons of Provo ...just to name a few. He has been featured in other films, TV series, and commercials. Not only does he act, he is a musician with three successful solo albums.
Corbin Allred
Probably best well-known for his role as "Deacon" Greer in Saints and Soldiers, corbin was a champion clogger in his younger years. He starred in the ABC sitcom Teen Angel and has had prominent roles in other films such as Robin Hood Men in Tights and The Work and the Glory III.
Lincoln Hoppe
Lincoln also stars in Saints and Soldiers and has appeared on several TV series and movies such as Everwood, The Last Good War, The RM, and The Singles Ward. He's done a lot of vocal work as well, narrating audio books, video games, and commercials, and characters in animated films. He is also a professional writer for television and screen.He writes sketch comedy too with Kirby and much of their stuff can be found on YouTube, or at his website lincolnhoppe.com.
Kelly Lohman
Kelly has trained for years with various Improv comedy troupes before joining The Society. Her TV and film credits include Days of Our Lives, Gilmore Girls, Bones, and The Hillside Strangler. She also directs theatrical productions when given the opportunity.

And here is their website:
http://www.jointhesociety.com/cast.html

I felt spoiled to be at this show. I didn't realize that the cast was all professional actors. I knew Kirby, but didn't quite realize that I'd be watching three very skilled and funny performers. I payed six dollars. You can't beat entertainment like that. There are some real perks to going to school here.

They even had a Meet and Greet session with the cast afterward. I could've gone, but I was okay not wading through the scads of young ladies. What a fun show.

And that brings us to today.
Today has been a very active day. I'm usually pretty active, but not this active. I walked to class, walked downtown after that, and then walked back home. I took a power nap, did some homework, then went to do an hour of cardio workout at the gym. After the gym, I came home to watch the Celtics and Cavs game. And had another quick power nap (unplanned). After the game, I joined a group of friends and went swimming. Whoo! ...I'm not as tired as after a long day of cowboyin' or farmin', but for a college kid, I'm pert near tuckered. I love how well I sleep after a day like that.

All right. I feel like I've told you all there is to currently say. Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Everwood?! Bones?!

Ya gotta join that group, homes. Ya gotta.