Saturday, June 5, 2010

These Magic Moments


Lately I've had the luck of getting spontaneous invitations to do fun things. Despite the fact that Rexburg seems to be overshadowed by an impenetrable layer of clouds, life has not been void of fun moments.

Sunday night, my friend Steph had a game night at her place, complete with homemade rolls and homemade strawberry jam. If that wasn't sweet enough, I had unbelievable good luck at cards that night.

For Memorial Day, we went to Walmart, bought some green and pink paint, and had a paint war out by the shooting range outside of town.

On Wednesday afternoon, my roommate sent me a text saying "Hey, do you wanna go to a concert?" I ended up going. It was a small concert in Pocatello at this little venue. There were only like 20 people in the crowd and 4 different bands performed. It was a lot of fun. The bands were "Mess of Me" (they're from Salt Lake and not that great), "Audra Mae" (she was awesome), "Yukon Blonde", and "Good Old War". They all have a modern folk music sound and it was a lot of fun. Good Old War was the main reason we went, and they were the best act, but I was pleasantly surprised with Audra Mae. (I've added some Good Old War songs to my playlist over to the left)

Today, I'm heading to Jackson Hole. I'm not quite sure what I'll be doin' there, but it's sure to be fun.

No comments: