Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fakers

I am saddened. I keep getting spam comments on my blog posts. In fact, I get more spam than I get actual comments from readers. I have 21 official "followers" on this blog, and I only know about 8 of them. I love keeping this blog. It's the best journal I've ever had and it's fun to reflect back on. I also love sharing the details of my life with my friends and family. But at the same time, I feel used. Spammers are using my journal to try and sell their wares. What should I do? I hesitate setting my blog to private; that seems to complicate things for some of my less-than-computer-guru friends. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Alicia said...

What? I love spammers! Their comments are always so funny! Most of the comments on my blog are from spammers too, but I look forward to them.
I once had someone say something along the lines of, "I can see you hate everyone. Soon you will find that one special person who hates everyone too and you can hate everyone together."
It took me a few weeks to delete that one. Such a "tray-zure".

Steph said...

Is this to see how many of us still read your blog, by asking a question? :) I haven't had very many spammers at all, but if it gets to be annoying, maybe private is the way to go. Hope your semesters going well!

Wendy said...

Yeah, we're all falling for his trick! haha! I haven't had any spam comments actually...my blog must block them, don't know how though. However, I DO get Spammers viewing my profile, so I get mad when I traffic my views and I see Spam Blogs! But I don't want to go private, so I will just deal with it

Jennifer said...

i have no suggestions, but... you've just earned yourself a new reader =__=
-Jen

Anonymous said...

Hi, just passing by and I have a suggestion..instead of making your blog private you could always go to comments in settings and elect to read your comments before they post. I don't know if maybe you already do this but it helps. Hope it gets better, You have a nice day xD

Steve said...

Thanks for your suggestions. Ironically, I've gotten more spam on this post than on any I've ever posted. I just set my comment option to allow comment review before they're published. I think this is the solution I was looking for. I don't know why I didn't think of it before.