Monday, April 25, 2011

Fit and Well

I am not wriing this to brag. My aim is to motivate and inspire.

I've been consistent with my diet and fitness goals: more consistent than at any other time in my life.
Here are the initial results:

I feel incredible. I feel energetic, cognitive, balanced, happy, and ...well, well.
I have lost a considerable amount of extra flab. I look in the mirror, and I see an improved, leaner version of myself.
I began to notice that I actually have a skeletal frame where the fluff had covered it.
I'm never as hungry as I used to be, I sleep soundly and wake up consistently prior to 8am without an alarm.
My body is loving being cared for. Do you have any idea what it would be like to feel like a child again?
That's as best as I can describe what I feel. I feel alive, refreshed, and completely ecstatic at the results I'm getting.

I keep asking myself, why have I waited so long to make these changes?
The truth is, I didn't have the motivation.
Once I found it, things really took off and I find myself forming new habits of living that are amazingly rewarding and fulfilling.
I am went and tried on a shirt at the mall. It was only 8 dollars on clearance, but I was not really counting on it fitting.
Then I tried it on. And it fit me like a dream! It was a great feeling to look in the mirror and be genuinely satisfied
with what I saw.

And the neatest part is that I get to look forward to things only getting better as I maintain discipline in taking care of my body. I made it through the Easter holiday not feeling the least bit sorry that I wouldn't partake of any sweets.

In all sincerity, nothing NOTHING tastes as good as being healthy feels.
The key is motivation and willingness to adjust.
The rewards are real. I'm not going to post pictures or list how much I've lost just yet.
Let me just say, you can do it! Find the motivation, make some changes, and live!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

congrats, dude :P that's an uplifting message
-Jen