Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Morning's Hike

Saturday morning is most always void of productivity. I'll wake up a few hours before I'm due in at work, have something for breakfast, play around on my X-Box for an hour or so until I've squandered so much time that I have to rush to get a shower in before I head out.

But not this Saturday. Me and my roommate Kent, along with our friends Becky, Stormy, and Jeanette, went out for a hike up the side of Mt. Eldon. We started out at 6:30am.

The path is well-maintained, so the real challenge lay in how steep the incline was. We were winded after getting about a third of the way up.

Near the top, we needed to start back down because of time restraints. This was an awesome way to start a day. And in all the time I've lived here, I've never done anything like it.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Good for you! What a fun thing. I begin my mornings very lazily so I don't wake Danny up. I wish I could say I lounge around. I try, but that confounded kid of mine keeps me hopping, "No, Lacy, okay? Hey! No! Lacy! LACY WILL YOU KNOCK IT OFF?!" To which she smiles are runs away from me. It is a small sort of accomplishment, I guess. We had a really great Chinese dinner with my neighbors (sucking up to the landlord and you know it). We missed you. It was right up your alley. We'll have to do it again. When Tia gets home for the summer we want to get with you and watch those church movies made in the 60's about getting married.

Alicia said...

I just noticed the typo. I meant "and runs away from me" not are.

Kristal said...

YOU BLOG TOO?!!!! You really do do it all (doo doo! ha)