Monday, August 24, 2009

The Crew:


As promised, this post is an introduction to some of the crazy fun people I've met this summer. I can't include everybody, so I won't. (I'm a terrible person, I know)

First, Michael. Michael is from Atlanta Georgia. He just graduated from high school and moved to Rexburg and became my roommate.

Most of the time, we refer to Michael as "Billy". It's an inside joke, a reference to The Cable Guy. And it's sort of evolved into a nick-name. Most of our mutual friends don't know that it's not his actual name! Billy (Michael) makes me laugh. His sense of humor just clicks with me. I'm glad to have the guy around.

Carolina - Carolina has been in my ward, and was in my Family Home Evening group. This summer, we've had more of a chance to get to know each other. She's from Brazil and she served as a missionary on Temple Square. She prefers driving stick, which I think is very cool. She also helps me practice my Spanish a lot.

Summer - No, not the season, the girl. Summer's a crazy girl from Texas who we've gotten to know in the past few weeks. She's way fun and full of surprises. (Vote for Summer!)

Next, Isaac and Eliot. These brothers are from Loxley, Alabama. Isaac is going to school here and Eliot is just visiting for the summer break. Eliot's friends call him "Samberg" because he looks like Andy Samberg. They're a lot of fun. I went hiking with them in the Tetons this past Saturday ---it was a blast

Chawchi - Chawchi is from Brazil. He's a music performance major, and an excellent piano player and chef. He's got a knack for creating his own spin on American culture.

So that's it. These are the peeps I've been runnin' with this summer. It's made for a really fun few weeks, and it makes me wish that school wasn't starting so soon. We'll just have to make the most of the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Hey Steven. I guess it's ok that you left us so soon now. I'd hate for you to have missed out on all of this. All we're doing here is mowing & putting up corn. Of course that's all fun but not "Krazy" fun.