Monday, February 1, 2010

Ideas at Night

What's the opposite of writer's block?
That's what I had last night. As I was laying in bed, an idea for the start of a story was formulating in my mind. Not only that, sentences were coming together like magic -sentences that were too brilliant not to be written down.
There was only one thing to do: get up and write it all down.
So by the light of my cell-phone screen (so as not to wake my roommate), I found my notebook and a pen and headed out to the living room to jot down my ideas.
One hour and four pages later, I was able to climb back into bed content that I had secured the ideas and that they hadn't been lost to the fogginess of the sleepy mind.
I do love writing. Sometimes I forget that fact when I'm knee-deep in homework.
What was my story idea? I may share it once I've worked it over a few times and made it presentable.
That's all for now. Off to the gym!

No comments: