Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hang On!


I snapped this photo on the way home from class on Friday. I had to. The sun was setting and the flowers were catching the light just perfectly and I know that it won't be long before there are no more flowers or green grass.

So I'm hanging on. Not that I oppose the change.
I had a teacher ask what my favorite season was. I had to say, "The current one". I've always gotten a thrill from enjoying the change in seasons. Right now, I'm really enjoying every good thing summer has to offer, but when fall hits, I know I'll be equally as excited.

I'm getting that fall-ish feeling. I like the crisp night air. It's not cold enough yet to make the tip of your nose uncomfortable, but just cold enough that the night breeze blowing through your window makes you pull your blankets tight around you. I love that.

It makes me think of apples and cider and the rustle of leaves flying in the wind. It reminds me that Halloween is coming with Haunted houses, pumpkins, and scary stories. So I'll keep this picture of summer's blooms close by for now. And when Fall is here, I know I'll be ready.

No comments: