Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Renewal

I like to start afresh. I love feeling motivated. That's how I've felt lately, and I'm so glad.

I feel the urge to do better and be better. I want to set some personal goals and stick with them throughout the semester.

I absolutely love the Fall season and I know I'll love it even more if I'm focused on self-improvement and really becoming more like the person I want to be.

I want to be more dedicated to my personal scripture study. I always feel that desire, but hardly ever make any step towards improvement. This time, I just have to. It's been eating away at me, and I have just got to do it.

I want to really be consistent with my workout schedule. I've seen and felt the benefits of doing it, and I really need that right now. I might just start doing a good walk at an insanely early hour of the morning, following the example of my lovely aunts. A college schedule will make that early morning start seem tough, but I have just got to do it.

I want to be more optimistic about dating. Lately, I've had the worst case of not caring and I'd tell anyone who asked. I still don't feel any sense of urgency about the matter -no need to rush it. But I do realize the need to care. And I have just got to do it.

So now you know what I'm focused on. Hang the good grades and other academic ventures. School is always here. I'll do my best, learn all I can, but I'm not going to let the system rule my personal life. I am in command, and I like that.

In closing, I'd like to admit something. I have a new weekly watched movie. It used to be Nacho Libre, and I still could watch that every week, but I've now turned to Sherlock Holmes. I love that movie. Well, obviously. I watch it every week.

2 comments:

Cat said...

Well I'm glad we can inspire someone with our "sunrise death march", as Mike called it. We do love it & I highly recommend making it a part of your life...although it might interfere with the late night college social life. Your new found motivation is contagious...you have inspired me!

Steph said...

Well, it's the first day of school. I hope the rain hasn't damped the mood but more so made you want to sit in class! I love fall too and I just have to say, good luck on your goals! Starting new is the best!