Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Nothing much to blog about


I keep hearing the same thing from those who are on the verge of getting a blog, that they "have such a boring life that nobody would want to read it." They go on to describe the events of their day, and what they have to tell is rich with great material for a blog entry. My aunt Julie Clifford, for example, could talk about the weather in Joseph City, seeing the firetruck head up Porter to somebody's weed-pile fire emergency, yanking the weed-eater pull-cord with such strength that it snapped off the coil, and the day has only begun!

The point is, there is never a boring thing to write about, especially if you live in rural paradise. Most people would find it all castly entertaining to read that type of a blog entry from a Joseph Citizen.

Who's looking for those big important significant events that are "worth reading"? That's what a newspaper is for, and everyone knows that a newspaper is boring. It's the personal tone that a blog affords that makes it so rich in the tones of life.

So I call to not-quite-bloggers everywhere: ENTERTAIN US! We are just dying for you to.
As for me, I went and saw Grammy in the hospital, chatted with her while aunt Cheryl curled her hair, went and hand-washed my car (she's an old car, and I think she's a little afraid of those loud and new fangled automatic car washes), then started watching the Old Disney version of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea while dosing off. Later I up-dated the literature blog, went to the weekly institute class, and came home to play the piano a bit. It was my day off if you couldn't tell. But very well-spent if you ask me.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

What a relaxing day off. I'm glad you could be with Grandma while she was in the hospital. I was wanting so badly to drive down and see her myself.

I agree with you completely. I wish so many people had blogs just so I could keep up with them. It's been great waking up and reading what our Hansen counsins have been up to, and I think it will make our next family reunion that much more interesting. I think we should have one soon.

Stormy and Spenser said...

Can I just say that I love your car! :)

Steve said...

No, you can't. Why ask? Gosh Karen, you are so STUPID!