Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Progress

I feel I may be near the end of my preparations with the transfer to BYU Idaho. I still have to get an apartment contract worked out, but I need to get some financial aid info before I go signing a contract to dish out money.
One of the Geology instructors got the seat limit raised for some of my Geology classes so I can register for them. I'm sure there will be a few hitches and glitches before I get my schedule completely finalized, but now I have 12 credits, and that's a good start.
I somehow feel I'm knocking out a huge chunk of my required Geology courses in this first Semester, but it's what they recommend I do, so I'll take their word for it.
I'm taking Trigonometry as well, sounds daunting, but I did fairly well with Trig at EAC, so I'm not too entirely worried.
I found out that one of my Geology courses involves a 5 day field trip which starts the week before school starts, so that's going to prove challenging, but I'm also really excited. The curious bit in me thrills at the thought of 5 days with a University instructor on a Geology field trip. Don't laugh.
And now, I must away to bed -for it is already tomorrow.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Things are moving forward! What a relief after all the waiting and figurative nail-biting.

I can't wait for you to move here for a month. Wanna have a play date? I don't have a wii, but I do have Battleship.

Steve said...

Sink me,
That sounds lovely. And a little bit o' balderdash?

Cheryl said...

Awesome blog Steve! Good luck with everything at BYU-Idaho. Get used to them frustrating you!! :) But it looks like things are working out, that's good!