Sunday, September 7, 2008

New Horizons

This is within walking distance of my apartment. I think I'll go Tuesday morning for a bit. This is my own photo -click on it to see the full-size version. It's worth your time.


So I survived the field trip and the move in, and I'm starting to learn my way around. Why is it I find transitions so stressful? I keep remembering the words of Mr. Morris: the most successful species are those that are most able to adapt to change. I'm working on it.

With the field trip all out of the way, I've got to focus on 3 upper-level Geology classes, and nothing else. My instructor, Brother Clayton (I always want to make a gunshot noise after saying his name), advised me that these 3 courses will keep me very busy. I'm wondering what I've got myself into.

But then, the group of Geology majors I'll be studying with make the experience so much more enjoyable. Here they are having lunch on a hillside we were mapping out. Bro. Clayton is in the front with the hat and sunglasses, and our other instructor Bro. Little is in the back (closest to the fence with the brown hat on).
Overall, the trip was very interesting. I've got hundreds of pictures of different rock structures, but I won't bore you all with those. I'll save them for my fellow geology-enthused classmates.

3 comments:

McGee said...

looks like your enjoying life! so your Clayton remark of making the bang noise after i remember when we were at your trailer and i was talking to lance about my nephew Clayton and you were all what's his name and i repeated Clayton your replied with a "Bang" and we all started laughing and you said somthign like thats an awesome name! lol memory lane anyways how you doing!? when you getting married? lol haha yep i asked

Stormy and Spenser said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous picture of the temple! I looked at the full size version, definitely worth my time :) You are so lucky that´s in walking distance. Anywho. I´m glad your field trip was fun!

Alicia said...

That's a great picture of the Temple!

How was your first day, sonny? Did you make any friends?

And you have to check out the blog link I have on my site to a blog titled, "Seriously So Blessed". It's very sarcastic and fictional, but there's a link to buy t-shirts (the first time I typed that word, I forgot the "r". Whoopsie). One of them states the evils of Materialism -something we were discussing earlier today. Check it out. It will make you laugh.