Monday, September 8, 2008

Since You're All Dying to Know,

I won't wait 'til we're around the dinner table for this one. There's one question that's on everybody's cyber-lips: "How was your first day of school?"
Well, I have to say I'm very relieved. I started today with a preconceived notion that my classes would be nothing short of mental boot-camp. Well, you would too, if you'd been told by every other person in the department that "You're taking that? Ooh. Do you plan on sleeping ever? Good luck."
Nothing that was discussed in our overview of class, or the preliminary lecture was foreign to me. It was more of what I expected before people gave me the wrong idea.
"I suddenly came to the realization that I was not about to be destroyed!"
The same thing happened with wisdom teeth. Yes, it was quite an operation. They sawed into my jaw-bone to dig the things out, but I didn't feel any of it, and the extent of my pain was achy cheeks that didn't really swell much, and I was back to solid food the next night after.
I was so mad that everyone had me all worked up for nothing. The point is -advice from strangers is worth just about as much as gum from strangers left under the edge of the restaurant's table.
School went pretty well ---so far.
"I bet you'll never guess what I got ya for Christmas!"

2 comments:

J said...

You are in really good form today! That is hilarious.

I had also been concerned that I'd be in over my head in university classes, expecially considering how used to college level classes I am! I was surprised how ORDINARY my instructors were. Actually, I was expecting my teachers to dress like bishopric members in suits. One wore stripes, and another actually rolled up his sleeves for lecture. It was great, after my surprise wore off.

Alicia said...

Thank the stars for that.

I've been hiding under the kitchen cupboards whining, "Those classes are going to kill Stevie!"

But then Danny would always come by with a glass of milk.

Glad the advice was unfounded.