Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Arizona Sunshine

This post has a purpose. (Shocking, isn't it?) For all the northerners who believe that Arizona is nothing but desert, take a look at these shots from my hometown taken Jan. 4, 2009:
This is my aunt and uncle's home. Cat, you just have such a photogenic piece of property -I can't help myself.
This is probably my favorite shot from the trip (well, not counting the one of Mike and Suzy Snowflake's furry gloves). Sometimes pictures just jump out at you. I came around the side of the woodpile, and there it was. Snow can really bring out the beauty in the simplest of scenes.
Here's a shot of the most typical scene in town -the grazing cattle. (Watch where you step)
This old international pickup belonged to my Great Grandpa James Delbert Hansen (Pumpa).

I really wanted to get in a good tan while I was in Arizona, but gosh darn it if the cap on the suntan lotion wasn't frozen shut!

2 comments:

Alona said...

You're a great photographer! I LOVE the wagon shot especially!

jody j balda said...

Okay so I do not see the fallow this blog on your page I see it on mine but not yours so I feel a bit foolish. Any way I love this pic. Cat's house is so perfect. She just has that touch of practicaly perfection in every way.