Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Plan


I've decided to move on. I still have a faint spark of hope in my heart that someone will decide on repentance, and turn my camera in to the Lost and Found office on campus, but it's fading. I need a digital camera for class projects and field work. A geologist without a camera is almost as helpless as a geologist without a rock-hammer. So here's the solution: I'm bidding on a replacement camera on eBay. Bidding ends next Wednesday. If the camera shows up before then, I'll let somebody out-bid me. If not, I'll go for the winning bid and buy a replacement. Here's my reasoning: This is something important to my education. I drop 100+ dollars on a textbook without the slightest blink of an eyelid -why not a camera that will see much more use than most of my texts? And if I purchase the replacement and the lost camera ends up surfacing, well, then I can sell it or keep it as a spare.
And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
(I'm still sort of dis-heartened by the fact that a student who claims to abide by the honor code would swipe a high-dollar item from a fellow student and not think twice).

No comments: