Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A New Month, A New Post


I realize that the photo may have nothing to do with the post, but I would much rather have a picture to post than none.
It's a new month, and I really have nothing significant to post, I just feel like blogging -so there ya go.
The last few weeks have given me the sampler's platter of Rexburg's winter weather. Our coldest low during the day was -18 degrees with the wind chill making it -30.
It reminds me so much of being in Canada. I'm glad I don't have to go out tracting in this weather! Somebody built a big igloo on the football field. Not many schools can boast about that.
I'm missing my family right now -especially my nieces and nephew and little cousins, even despite their parents assurance that they're more fussy than fun.
I would've liked to spent Super Bowl Sunday with them watching the Cardinals fight for a win. I am wishing that I could be in Joseph City for Founder's Day weekend, and to see the High School's production of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
This semester, the course-work is a lot less difficult, and the roommate situation a lot less fun (not any major challenges, but nothing could compare to the fun we had last semester). We got new FHE groups for the semester, and our new Mom is really enthusiastic about us all being really involved, and for some reason I have lost all enthusiasm for the program. I want to have FHE with my family, not a group of freshman harpies and the guys I live with. It's sort of lame. I guess I'm used to EAC's method of letting us sign up for the group we want to be in. (Such luxuries -I was spoiled) I am really enjoying school right now. My courses this semester cover really intruiging topics, and that's what I thrive on.
So there it is -my nothing much to say for today.

No comments: