Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lesson


Thursday night, I started a batch of bread in the bread machine. My parents let me borrow their bread maker to use at school and I've loved it. One of my favorite parts is the smell of the bread when it's done baking.

Although this time, I was chatting with a friend as I measured ingredients into the pan. I am almost completely sure that I only put 1 cup of water in, when it should've been a cup and a half.

The result was a lumpy aggregate of dough baked into a crusty wad. It still smelled wonderful, so it was worth it. I had to sample the things before discarding it completely. Not bad, but there's no way to serve that sort of thing in a clean manner. I couldn't slice it to make a sandwich or anything.

But that's life. I'll make a new loaf, and this time I won't get distracted as I measure out the ingredients.

Let me tell you about my new addiction. I love iBooks. I have a huge library of classics that I carry with me everywhere I go. This means that any time I have a spare minute, I can get lost in the pages of a classic. It's so refreshing to do some good reading on a regular basis. And all my downloads so far have been free. I'm in heaven.

No comments: