Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving here was great. I wasn't with my family, but it was still a memorable and fun time. Thank you, Embree family, for letting me join your family for the day. It was all snowy and cold. We had dinner out in Rigby at Bro. Embree's dad's place. It's tucked away in trees and so we literally went over the river and through the woods to get there. It was great. It felt like the holidays had really begun.
I made one of the Pepperidge Farms stuffing recipes that my mom makes. It's my favorite. It has pecans and craisins in it. It's probably the best thing on the table at Thanksgiving.

And, thanks to my Aunt Cat, I was able to bake up some buttermilk pies! Just look at that scrumptious thing.

There's no place like home for the holidays, it's true. I can't wait to get through these next few weeks and head south. To Arizona!

2 comments:

Cat said...

The pie looks great! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving...we are waiting for your return so we can all sit around the parlor & sing carols!

Steve said...

Thanks Cat!

I'll be Home For Christmas by the 18th (if the weather permits). Let plan on making rather merry. Please invite Suzy Snowflake for the festivities.