Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How Strange

A few nights ago, I had a really funky dream. I promised my sister I would blog about it. So here we go:

For those of you who are from the Joseph City area, this will make sense. Everyone else, just pretend it does.

I was living in Joseph City ...or maybe I was just there to observe all this for the duration of the dream. Anyway, Mr. G's pizza decided to attempt (yet again) to open a second store; this time, the second store was located just north of my parents' house out in the desert. The store was larger and featured a small stage where any local talent could perform. The manager of the second store was Mr. G's brother ---not one of his real-life brothers, a new made-up one in my dream. He had long frizzy hair and always wore a cowboy hat. The high-school crowd in Joseph City all seemed pretty enthralled by the new manager and new store.

So the new store was doing well and seemed pretty busy. It was open during the later hours and on the days the other store wasn't. After a few months, the manager hired some pilots to provide air access to the place -shipping in all sorts of famous people to try out the amazing pizza and subs, and to fly in other performers from around the country to add to the venue. This store was not to be your ordinary small-town pizza dive -it was going to be big.

Then something changed. The manager cut back the hours on the store. It was always closed after 7:00pm. The pilots kept flying people in, but they weren't eating at the pizza place. I decided to see if I could get an insider's look at the whole operation, so I applied for a job. Having worked for Mr. G's back in the day, they were quick to hire me and put me to work in the kitchen. It wasn't long before I learned what really went on after 7:00. The pizza place closed shop, but the doors opened to the underground (underground both literally and in the figurative sense) fight arena. Yes, a huge basement had been built that housed a fight ring and there was always some sort of ultimate fighting type of competition going on. Along with the fights, there were always big rock bands who provided music for the events.

This explained the need to close the pizza store early. One thing I couldn't figure out though is how they managed to keep it all a secret in a small town. It made sense in the dream though...

Another strange event: last night I went to the 9:45 showing of 2012 at the dollar theater. I didn't know that it was such a long movie, and didn't realize it while watching because it was so gripping. Anyway, right in the culmination of the suspense, around midnight, the screen went black and the lights in the theater came up and the pre-movie ads and music started playing. You should've heard the crowd! People were shouting, "What?!!! You've got to be kidding me!"
They all thought it was because of the school-imposed curfew that the movie was being cut short. A girl in front of me yelled "This is why I hate Rexburg! I want my two dollars back!" A guy near the back shouted "I don't have curfew! I'm married!"

After about 3 minutes, I got up and was heading out of the theater. Out in the lobby, I heard from the staff that it was just some problem with the equipment, and wasn't intentional. So I went back in and the movie had started again.
So there you have it -all the best of my interesting evening.

2 comments:

Steph said...

LOL about your movie last night. I can only imagine...

Cat said...

Love the story of the movie! Isn't it funny how impatient people can be?