Friday, August 8, 2008

The Final Score

This should settle it. I've been putting off the final 20 in my list of things about me. It's hard for a guy to tell 100 things about himself. That's probably why some of mine are of the "I hate" and "It annoys me when" category. In my frantic scurry to fill in the 100 blanks, I'm gonna run into some negative stuff that might as well sit down right next to the "happy" and "I loves". That's the way it sits in my brain, it just looks uglier when it's laying in front of you. I think this is an easier task for ladies -especially mothers. Not only do they have their own cute attributes to talk about, but every sweet thing about their husband, and every cute thing about the rugrat(s). And it could just be the fact that girls, in general are more used to talking about themselves. Not that that's a bad thing. Guys just don't really tend to do it. For most guys, talking about personal stuff is almost as excruciatingly invasive as a visit to the Doctor.

Without any more intro, here's the list:


81) I lose sunglasses so often that when I lose a pair, I never even flinch -hardly ever even search for the lost pair. I just surrender to the notion that they have slipped off into the dimension of lost eyewear. Then once in a great while, a pair will show up again and surprise the heck out of me. My Aviators! They're my favorite! They fit so well, I should just call them my "Faviators".


82) I think there's something cozy about having a lot of clean towels in a big basket in the bathroom. Call me crazy ---but when I have a house of my own. . .


83) It's been so long since my last list of twenty, I don't know whether I'm repeating stuff. Oops.


84) I am blessed with awesome siblings -they're all amazing.


85) I do like a lot of hip-hop music.


86) I don't like much country music -though the right stuff is sure sweet.


87) I'm pretty good at impersonating voices -but don't ask me to do it for you.


88) I get excited for the seasons to change, every season, every time. It never fails. I sometimes want to hold on to summer a little longer, but then I think of Fall.


89) I've decided that All American Rejects are one of my top most favorite bands of all time ever. I can list to any of their stuff anytime. I'm starting to like Motion City Soundtrack the same way.


90) I've always wanted good solid abs . . .but how? I think I'll work on that this Fall.

91) I never used to watch much television, but my roommate Devin changed all that my last year at EAC. I'm now pretty much hooked on Prison Break, LOST, 24, House, and the new addiction, The Jamie Kennedy Experiment.

92) I love fish tacos. I never would've tried it, but my brother Mike talked me into it. The idea didn't appeal to me at all ---but one taste was enough. I was hooked ---line... sinker. . .

93) I wrote my first book when I was about 6 years old. It was made of memo-pad pages from an auto parts-supplier stapled together and written and illustrated with a BIC ballpoint. It was about Pink Panther going fishing and catching a shark. My Mom still has it somewhere.

94) I get amazed by clouds, probably more so than the average grown-up.

95) I'm leaving my car behind when I move to Idaho. As much as I love my car, I'm not sorry to be parking it for a few years.

96) I hate Instant Messaging. Oops! There's another one of the "I hates." Sorry.

97) I love cilantro. There. That's better. I really do love cilantro. I just made some fresh salsa last night, and Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. iQue rico!

98) My favorite recent Lacy words are:
"PETS-ah" (pizza)
"sweety" (the way she says it does the word justice)
"BAY-con" (I swear, she learned this from some old camp-cook out on the cattle trail. She says it with full western twang.)

99) Oh, look! I'm nearly done!

100) YEAH! I made it. Only a real man could do it. I learned something during the process -never commit to bloggin 100 points of anything unless somebody is paying you to do it.

And so I bid farewell to my days of being a slave to numbers, and drift back into the happy valley of my own style of blogging. They may not make creamy ranch dressing from fresh ingredients there, but at least they never talk about lists of 100.

2 comments:

Stormis said...

You would love the food here! Unlike me...because they cook with so much cilantro...but ew i'm not a fan.

Alicia said...

I hate folding laundry. Except towels. And I esp. enjoy the euphoria that comes with folding a hot, smells-like-Downy, fresh-outta-the-dryer, clean towel. It makes me feel like one of the women on the Tide commercials. You know the ones I'm talking about. They're perfect. They're skinny. They're standing in the sun and letting it all hang out (their clothes, that is).
I agree with you. There's something magical about fresh towels.

I didn't realize you didn't like being asked to "do" voices. I ask you all the time! Is all forgiven? If not, remember that time I made you an all dairy-free lunch? Now is all forgiven?

I hate winter. I hate it. I love every other season. But winter? Ugh!

Forget about the solid abs. Get yourself a canary, Dillmount.

I love TV on DVD. 20 hours of Bonanza? Yes, please! Who is happy with just one measley episode? No hard core fan. That's for dang sure. Scallywags.

Mike turned me on to fish tacos, too! What is he? Like, out to conquer the world? :)

I've never read your book. But I want to. I wrote my first book when I was in sixth grade. It was about a pioneer girl who had a brother die (she wasn't happy about it. Like the author, she loved her brother. Aw.). And she could knit 7 sweaters in one night.

You know how I feel about cilantro. It is the superior food. It is the e-ching.

I was laughing so hard at your description of how Lacy says "Bacon" that I made her say it. And now she wants some. She's knocking on the fridge thinking that, at any minute, the bacon will open the door and welcome her inside. At least if she was stuck in the fridge she wouldn't be able to hear the (t-h-u-n-d-e-r).

Thank you for completing this. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it a lot. What is your opinion of brute force?

-I'm not for it. No, I'm not for it at all.