Saturday, May 23, 2009

Poetry, Sheer Poetry


Here's bits of the paper I've promised to post, by the one and only B-Rizzle. Enjoy

“Is dating worth our time?”

My own time spent planning is usually on the fly, but I try to put forth an effort that causes me minimal pain. Just like fishing, I cast the hook, let it sink, and wait for that school of fish to swim by. Then, just at the right moment, I set the hook and the fish panics. This isn’t a problem; you tire the fish out and then you bring it in. Yes, some may get away, but remember there is always a ton of fish in a school.

...when I go pick up my date usually she is looking pretty nice. Well this is one of the best reasons for dating because just in case it doesn’t work out there are about 4 to 5 other roommates to choose from. This is why I love dating because you can’t limit yourself from making friends on the fly. For one you get to see her background and secretly you get an in with her other roommates. Just as I like to scout a good position for camping seeing that the ground is level, no random bumps or holes on the ground, and that overall it is well suited for the area of your tent. In a way you can look at it this way with scouting out her friends and roommates for potential people out there.

...When it comes down to dating--I love it! There isn’t a doubt about it. When an opportunity arises I will surely jump on it, like a frog jumps firmly but softly onto a lily pad. Meeting new people is what I love best. First I learn their name, maybe a city and state if confident of remembering, that seems to be sometimes the hardest part.

...Christopher Columbus didn’t find new lands by thinking and sitting around; he ventured out. It is pretty hard to get to know someone by spending time with them in a group setting. I feel that dating is bliss! If I walk away with my head high I know there was a good result, and If I’m coming back with negative thoughts with my head low, well it’s a good learning experience.

...Will I stay behind the unknown? No! I will put myself out there to be known. I will search through the thorns to find a rose. I will not stumble within the first prick of my search. This is good advice for me to follow: if you bleed, suck it up. Keep moving to the next until you find the blossom waiting for the sunshine to awaken her beautiful bud. As I continue to nourish that bud, I will be able to experience the transformation of that beautiful rose that is possessed within her. If time was spent and effort was done with looking through the thorns, which may seem to be so thick and painful that it may just be too hurtful. I do know, however, it is worth the effort that I put into it.

...If you do not put yourself out there and show who you are, or some of your talents, you may lose your chance with someone you might appreciate dating. Like how most guys say to girls, “We can’t read your minds how are we supposed to know that.” The same thing applies to them. Some girls think they can read us, but they cannot read everything. That is where you come in. Your job is to fill them in with things they want to know, and not what you want them to hear. Every girl I have ever dated always liked to hear things about themselves and wanted to feel important.

...just think of girls as buses; one comes along every 15 minutes. Many chances come our way. Which bus are you going to get on?

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Now THAT'S a picture. Thanks!!

I love all the metaphors. I miss reading English papers, so thanks for posting this. I read it while I ate my lunch.

I've never thought of myself as a bus before, but I think he's onto something there. I think our family quote next week should be "If you bleed, suck it up."

Cat said...

I've never been compared to a bus before, but I have been called a lamborghini.

Steve said...

Cat, it's probably because of your European heritage.