Monday, May 4, 2009

All the Fame

ONE NIGHT, ...........ONE SONG, ..........THREE HUNDRED VOICES, ..........ONE CHANCE TO IMPRESS THE WORLD. Well, that makes it sound more like American Idol. I had the most amazing chance to be a part of the choir for the CES broadcast, with speaker Elder David A. Bednar. Me and my buddy Bryce just found some good seats near the front, in the middle and sat down. After rehearsing a bit, and a short wait later, the cameras were rolling and our faces were sent round the world. It was even more of a thrill than being on the Sullivan Show. ("Where's Ed?")
I have a few after-show thoughts. (You're getting the behind-the-scenes interview here)
First, I'm glad I know how to tie a double-windsor knot. Check out those perfect ties!
Second, I'd like to point out that I haven't paid for a haircut in over a year. My TV debut shows off my clipper-skills.
Third, I found out just how attentive the world can be when they see a familiar face on TV. My phone and facebook have been flooded with "fan mail". Ha ha ha.
Fourth, I don't know how I got so much camera time! I'm going to attribute it to Bryce's sincere facial expressions. The camera liked it, and I was next to him.
And finally, that was such a great fireside. It was so neat to have Elder Bednar there with us and feel his spirit. You can watch the broadcast (if you missed it) from the broadcast archives of lds.org. I've got to end here. My agent has scheduled an autograph session for tonight. Ok, maybe it's just my physics homework, but there is a pen and paper involved.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

The devotional sounded like it was good -we didn't really listen to all of it. We were too busy visiting. But when the choir sang, we were riveted to the screen. We all cheered and cheered when they zoomed in to your face. Before the choir sang, grandma kept saying, "It's too bad we couldn't write a letter to someone and request that they show Steven." When they put the camera on the girls, grandma would say, "This isn't what we want! We want Steven!"

It was good to see you.

Will you sign my hymn book?

Steve said...

Ha ha ha! I love my grandma. I'll sign your hymnbook, after I'm done signing Grandma's. But I guess you were the one coordinating the whole viewing (sounds like a funeral), I should give you preference. Next time I see you, make sure you have your favorite pen warmed up.

Stormy and Spenser said...

It was so fun to see your face on TV! I was so excited, Shane thought I was such a goof-ball! But he was secretly just as excited!! :) And funny that you mentioned that about your hair, becuase I kid you NOT, I leaned over to Shane and said "Dang his hair looks good, I love it short like that." lol, I might be your biggest fan. But that was even before you were a movie star...

Cat said...

Comment Queen here, just stopping by to say that it was a proud day for us here on Sunday afternoon as we tuned in to "hopefully" see your face on the big screen. And see it we did. We all cheered, you might have thought we were watching a Suns game. It was just as exciting, especially for grandma. I'm sure you are enjoying your new found fame. I can only hope that in your rise to the top you don't forget about those of us who have known you from the beginning.

Denver and Megan said...

Steven, I love reading your blog! People that I work with probably think that I'm crazy because when I read your blog I almost cry because I'm laughing so hard! You should be a comedian! I think that is so cool that I'm friends with a celebrity!